Adamson Middle School is one of 15 middle schools in the Clayton County Public School System. The school provides academic, social, and character development for students in the sixth through eighth grades. More
The vision of Clayton County Public Schools is to be a district of excellence preparing ALL students to successfully compete in a global economy.
The mission of Clayton County Public Schools is to be accountable for providing a globally competitive education that empowers students to achieve academic and personal goals and to become productive, responsible citizens.
- We are committed to the belief that all students can learn.
- We are committed to operating a safe and orderly environment.
- We are committed to setting high expectations for student achievement.
- We are committed to rigorous academic performance tasks and lessons.
- We are committed to being adequately prepared with concrete instruction.
- We are committed to providing standards based classrooms through differentiated instruction.
- We are committed to providing instruction to the students that challenges and engages.
- We are committed to promoting the overall success of the student – not limited to academics.
- We are committed to being present in students’ lives – offering time and talent daily.
- We are committed to being that listening ear for students who may feel that they have no one else to talk to.
- We are committed to being professional at all times and role models for future educators.
- Barnes & Noble Nights
- Canned Food Drive for Local Food Pantries
- Holiday Clothing and Toy Drive for Students in Need
- Business Partnerships and Mentorship Through FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and CTAE (Career, Technical, and Agricultural Education)
- Partners In Education Who Donate Resources And Time To Mentor Students
- Partnership with the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Thrashers for High Achievers
- Partnership with Chick-Fil-A, Six Flags, and Pizza Hut to Rewards Students for High Achievers and Top Readers
- Boys' Night Out and Girls' Night Out Partnership With Parents and Community Leaders
CCRPI (College and Career Readiness Performance Index) is a comprehensive school improvement, accountability, and communication platform for all educational stakeholders that will promote college and career readiness for all Georgia public school students. More Please feel free to review our accountability report from last year.
This data is our driving force to excellence.More
There will be 5 Early Release Days for the 2014-2015 School.
Students will be released at 2:30 on the below dates.
Check out these awesome websites related to stopping bullying.
Also, be sure to read Clayton County Public Schools policies, resources and information related to bullying at:
All Adamson Middle School students are required to wear uniforms. For information about the uniform dress code and the student uniform contract, please look below.
2014-2015 Uniform Dress Code
Social Media and Electronic Devices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Kik, Text Messaging, and Phone Calls)
It is the parent’s responsibility to monitor use of social media, cell phones, and other electronic devices. Valuable school time is wasted to investigate issues arising from these situations. We will report it to parents and expect it to be handled on the home front.
The administration understands that students sometimes need cell phones to communicate with family after school. If a child has a cell phone at school it should ALWAYS be in the off position. If a phone is determined to be on, in use, or visible it will be taken up and the parent must pick it up.
Please check in at the office anytime you are on the school's campus.
Please read the policies, requirements and protocols for all classroom visits.More
Please be aware of the District Attendance Protocol. Students must be in school, on time each day! Missed instruction due to absence (excused or unexcused) has a negative impact on achievement. Adamson Middle School follows the District protocol with no exceptions.
Operation 98% will reward students for being in school each day, on time, and preferably all day.More
There are so many ways to help AMS be the best! Here are a few ways that busy parents and community organizations can help.
1. Join the BOX TOP 4 EDUCATION drive. Send your boxtop points to homeroom your child's homeroom teacher, drop them in the BT4E box located in the main office or the Parent Resource Center, or you can sign up online https://www.boxtops4education.com/marketplace.
2. COKE REWARDS - Collect codes from caps and 12 pack containers and turn into the Parent Resource Center.
3. CAMPBELL SOUP LABELS - Turn in points from soup can labels.
4. PARTNERS IN EDUCATION (P.I.E.) - Details are available in the Parent Resource Center and will be uploaded to the P.I.E. page.
Officer DeJuan Warner
Parents, follow these steps to find out your student's bus stop:
Click on the bus stop link.
Type in address.
Select grade level in drop down box.
Click on Adamson Middle School's code, 019, which will tell you your child’s bus stop location and departure/arrival times.
Parents, we need your help to ensure that our students attend school daily. Our school goal is 98% each day. We know that attendance matters as we work to prepare our students to be college and career ready. Operation 98% will reward students for being in school each day, on time, and preferably all day. Students are considered present the whole day if they are physically in the building for at least 4 hours.